Rodent Control in Alamo Heights, TX
Protecting Your Home & Family from Rodents in Bexar County
When you think of the word “rodent,” you probably think of a mouse or a rat. However, the term “rodent” actually refers to a large group of mammals that includes over 2,000 species. While not all rodents are pests, many of them are. Rodents are known for their ability to chew through just about anything, including wood, plastic, and even concrete. They are also known for their ability to reproduce quickly, which is why a small rodent problem can quickly turn into a full-blown infestation.
At Family Pest Control, LLC, we offer rodent control in Alamo Heights and the surrounding areas. Our team of experienced technicians can help you identify the source of your rodent problem and develop a customized treatment plan to eliminate the infestation and prevent it from returning.
Call (210) 762-6991 or contact us online to schedule a free estimate for rodent control in Alamo Heights or the surrounding areas.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Because rodents are nocturnal, it can be difficult to know if you have a rodent problem. However, there are several signs that can indicate a rodent infestation.
Some of the most common signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Droppings: Rodents leave behind small, dark droppings that are about the size of a grain of rice.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have to constantly chew to keep their teeth from growing too long. As a result, they leave behind gnaw marks on wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Grease marks: Rodents have oily fur that can leave behind grease marks on walls, baseboards, and other surfaces.
- Scratching noises: Rodents are nocturnal, so you are more likely to hear them at night. If you hear scratching noises in your walls, attic, or basement, you may have a rodent problem.
- Nests: Rodents build nests out of shredded paper, fabric, and other materials. If you find a nest in your home, you may have a rodent problem.
- Unusual pet behavior: If your dog or cat is suddenly spending a lot of time staring at a wall or scratching at the floor, they may be trying to get to a rodent.
- Urine stains: Rodents urinate frequently, so you may find urine stains on your walls, baseboards, or other surfaces.
How to Prevent a Rodent Infestation
There are several steps you can take to prevent a rodent infestation.
Some of the most effective ways to prevent a rodent infestation include:
- Sealing cracks and crevices: Rodents can squeeze through even the tiniest cracks and crevices. To keep them out of your home, you should seal any cracks or crevices around your foundation, windows, and doors.
- Storing food in airtight containers: Rodents are always on the lookout for food. To keep them out of your home, you should store your food in airtight containers.
- Keeping your home clean: Rodents are attracted to clutter, so you should keep your home as clean and clutter-free as possible.
- Removing standing water: Rodents need water to survive, so you should remove any standing water from your property.
- Trimming your trees and shrubs: Rodents can use overhanging tree branches and shrubs to gain access to your home. To keep them out, you should trim your trees and shrubs so that they are at least three feet away from your home.
While these tips can help you prevent a rodent infestation, they are not foolproof. If you have a rodent problem, you should call a professional for rodent control in Alamo Heights.
Why Choose Family Pest Control, LLC?
At Family Pest Control, LLC, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. We are a family-owned and operated company, so we treat our customers like family. We are also a local company, so we understand the unique challenges that homeowners and business owners face in our area. Our team of experienced technicians is highly trained and certified, and we use the latest tools and techniques to eliminate rodent infestations.
When you choose Family Pest Control, LLC, you get:
- Free estimates for all rodent control services
- Same-day service in most cases
- Flexible scheduling to meet your needs
- Safe and effective treatments that are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Competitive pricing and no hidden fees
- Convenient payment options and online bill pay
- Outstanding customer service from a team that truly cares about your satisfaction
Call (210) 762-6991 today to schedule a free estimate for rodent control in Alamo Heights or the surrounding areas.
Family Owned & OperatedAs you can tell, family is important to us - so much so, it's in our name! We value your family as much as our own and can relate. We've been family owned and operated for nearly 40 years!
Effective, High Quality WorkOur main goal is to provide you and your family with the safest, most effective solutions for your pest problems. We'll prove it with our work ethic and customer service.
Woman OwnedWe are an equal opportunity employer who values strong female leaders, not just as employees but also as customers!
Veteran OwnedAt Family Pest Control, not only do we support your family and our community, but we also support our troops. We love to support veterans and veteran causes any way we can!
Exceptional Customer Service
"These guys are a prime example of exceptional customer service! It is now Saturday night and I can say with relief my apartment is nowhere near the way it was yesterday!"- Monica A.
Top Tier Service
"We could not be more pleased with this top-tier service."- Pablo M.
Scheduling Was Very Easy, Everyone Is Friendly and Helpful.
"The technician arrived on time and was professional, friendly, and helpful."- Nick M.
Prompt and Polite
"Overall a great service, good value, and very polite and knowledgeable staff."- Rosie K.
"Very professional staff and friendly always on time and great communications via email phone and text messages to remind me of any appointments and services."- Eva C.